Friday, June 15, 2012

Final Reflection from Learning for the 21st Century Conference

Phew!
It is been an incredibly engaging and at times overwhelming week - which is not a bad thing :) We have been lucky enough to have had three different presenters who worked with us to help open our technological windows to help us lighten our classrooms.  They have introduced us to new technology, they have shared their experiences, and we have absorbed and played, absorbed and played with each new idea they have brought to the table.
Through processing all of this, I am basing my action plan on the shift.  There are loads of videos out their talking about making shifts in education.  I have tried and tested many different types of technology, but instead of just showing and sharing these with my students, I'm going to try and shift my classroom to having the students not just experience these tools, but take ownership of these tools.  For example, I currently create videos for students as part of my flipped classroom.  From here I will shift to having them (hopefully) take part in creating video tutorials for other students about current topics. This shift will be laid out in detail in my action plan from this conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment