Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Virtual Science Fair

So, inspired by Google's Science Fair - I've decided to try a virtual science fair, for students in my 8th grade science class in a rural school in Iowa.
This year, I'd like to collaborate with others and open the doors past the walls of my school building.  I am inviting people in virtually to view the top 10 scoring 8th grade science projects to help us decide on a winner!  Those who would like to participate will be asked to view and evaluate 10 student science fair projects - seen in a short (2:30 minute max) video the students created to explain their project & complete a short evaluation form for each video.
Let's break it down:
Who: Anyone who is interested in student science fair projects, could be people working in the science field, people who are passionate about science, teachers, or even students at other schools
What: review 10 videos created by students explaining the project they explored and complete a short evaluation form for each video during a two-week period
Where: At your home!  The videos will be posted on an online site and I will email you the evaluation form
Why Would I Do This?  To help give students an outside perspective on their projects that they have created and encourage students who participate in science inquiry!
How Do I participate? If you would like to participate, please just send me an email (abridge@mid-prairie.k12.ia.us) telling me your name and location and if you are a teacher who wants your class to participate - what age group will be participating.
The videos will be posted online April 14 - 26th I would ask you view the projects during this two-week window and complete evaluation forms by April 26th.


No comments:

Post a Comment